How is Jay as a speaker? Irreverent, straightforward, and unlawyerly. He’s also pretty funny (or funny-looking; it’s unclear which). But don’t take our word for it. Check out these bite-sized sample talks and see for yourself.
LexThink .1 Conference (at ABA TechShow)
How do you get people to do what you want? Jay introduces “The Result Triangle” in a six-minute speech before 250 lawyers under “Ignite” format rules: 20 slides, 18 seconds per slide, which advance automatically.
Australian Legal Practice Management Association — National Conference
Jay shared his practical advice on how to price legal services with an audience of Australian law-firm leaders. Here’s a short (5:38) preview:
IgniteLaw (at ABA TechShow)
Jay told about 300 lawyers from around the US about what practicing law in 2019 would look like. The Ignite Law format: six minutes, 20 slides, 18 seconds per slide, which advance automatically.
Previous Awesome Audiences
Here is just a small sample of the audiences Jay has spoken before. None of them threw rocks or vegetables.
- American Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- New England Human Resources Association
- New England Corporate Counsel Association
- Australian Legal Practice Management Association (Sydney)
- Legal Marketing Association
- FirmFuture Conference
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Boston University School for Hospitality Administration
- Babson College F. W. Olin Graduate School of Business
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Solo Practice University
- VeraSage Institute
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Scores of employers, law firms, and accounting firms